Hudson’s Ale House is a historic pub that first opened in 1840 under the name of ‘Hudson’s Noted Ales & Stouts’. Back then the pub was listed as a Brew House, which it remained as until the early 1900’s.
In the 2000’s the pub changed hands and became ‘The Tally Ho’, its sign appropriately depicting a hunting scene. The original brew house name could still be seen however, emblazoned across the front of the building. At this time a car park was added at the rear of the pub, which was also often used for inter-pub Boule tournaments.
In 2015 the pub underwent an exciting renovation and was reopened by Greene King and new long-term licensee, Steve Lowe, reclaiming its original name from the 1840’s, ‘Hudson’s Ale House’.